Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Slow down a bit and just ride

Since November I've had a series of (well two) road bikes and mainly focused on beating PRs and trying to reduce the time it takes me to commute to work, so basically fast, fast and faster.



With the addition of the '67 Collegiate I've had to alter my rides when I take it out for a spin.
Only having 5-gears as opposed to the 10+ on my other rides, there isn't the overall range of gears to suit the speed, cadence and road conditions so you have to pick one closest to it and just go with it.

The Interesting side effect of this is its forced me to slow down my rides and it's been less work-out and more of a fun cruise. Don't get me wrong if I need to haul-a$$ to work or ride with the peloton I'll take something else, but this is perfect for work breaks where I don't want to have to change into cycling clothes or just get out and enjoy the air.
One less gear selector is also less to think about, riding this bike takes me back more than any other to when you just rode for fun and didn't have anything to worry about. If you ride and don't currently have access to a 5-speed or less bike I highly suggest borrowing one now and again to as Grant Petersen is frequent to say "Just ride".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

A ride of snow and ice