Tuesday, June 12, 2018

new things

Apparently I'm rough on my workout items, with in a month I broke my Fitbit and the sunglasses I wear.

Either that or the Fitbit Charge HR just wasn't designed for very active people, and to be honest the glasses I found on the ground several years back so I wasn't THAT upset about those.

 About two years ago my wife gifted me a new Charge HR to help with tracking my workouts. I give a lot of credit to Fitbit for assisting me in keeping on track of my goals with tracking exercise, calories, steps, water.....



It's not easy to do all that manually, I've tried it before. I seriously recommend getting a fitness tracker if you are trying to loose weight or be healthier and can't afford a personal life coach or anything like that (You do need a bit of self discipline however) but alas, in less than a year the 1st Fitbit cracked in half. Fortunately it was still under warranty so Fitbit offered to replace it or give me a discount on a new one. Being the cheapskate that I am, I gladly accepted a replacement Charge HR, after all I was familiar with the operation of the device and happy with the results.

Fast forward to a year later and the same damage occurred to the replacement, being past the 1-year warranty Fitbit offered me 30% off a new one but they don't sell a model like the Charge HR. I soldiered on with a randomly working tracker for a few months.

Having heard about my predicament, a family member graciously gifted me their old Garmin Forerunner 225 wrist tracker. Functionality wise it works just like my Fitbit, new app, different buttons but has a built in GPS, so I don't have to lug my phone around with me to track rides or runs. Downside is the tracker was designed for runners so doesn't automatically add a workout as a bicycle ride, but a minor inconvenience and beggars can't be choosers!


And to replace the free glasses, I picked up a pair of these Goodr shades to give them a try. So far it's been too cloudy to need sunglasses go figure!

Anyways, hooray for New (sorta) Gear day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

A ride of snow and ice